October was a crazy, stressful, hectic month that I do not care to re-live again anytime soon. What was already turning into a very busy month -with Thomas going hunting a couple of weekends, football starting up, Thomas being called as the YM president, general conference, birthdays, tutoring (that is what I forgot to mention in Sept..... I started tutoring!), Dr. appts., and Halloween- only got more complicated when Thomas ended up in the hospital with pancreatitis again. Like usual, it came without warning, but at least it started on a Friday so he didn't miss too much work. This bout was particularly painful (the most painful he has ever had, to the point where they couldn't give him any more pain meds because it would have stopped his heart and he was still writhing in pain) which made his stay about a week long. He got to try a feeding tube this time around but wouldn't opt for it again, just fyi for anyone wanting to try it out :) It is a good thing we live so close to family because I couldn't be at the hospital very much (Ember would just want to crawl around on the floors and stuff) nor could I stay the night. So his family watched over him and mine watched Ember when I went in to visit. The downside to having her babysat that much in a week was that she turned into a very clingy girl for a while afterward. I was torn between wanting to be with him as much as possible but not leaving Ember for too long either. Anyway, we made it through, but like I said, I don't care to re-live it anytime soon :)
Here are some Ember highlights:
She frequently opens her mouth at me, this time she happened to have something in it.
She woke up from one of her naps kind of sad so Thomas held her for a few minutes and the next thing we knew she was asleep again.
One of her scrunch faces she loves to do. Cracks me up!
She found the candy drawer and as you can see is very pleased with the mess she made. :)
She started walking this month! While Thomas was in the hospital, actually (yet another reason it was such a frustrating episode). I haven't had time to sort thru the videos of her starting out but when I do, I will post them. She also waves bye-bye and can say I-da, which means "hi dad!" when he comes home from work.

No comments:
Post a Comment