There was a little hole in the rock with water in it and she had a blast trying to fit both hands into it.
Thomas and his brother jumping off a ledge into Yellowstone Lake (which is like 45 degrees, crazy boys)
She also loved finding and picking up rocks everywhere she went.
I just love how chubby her face looks in this pic :)
Again, sitting in the rocks.
Her hair is awesome :)
She has awesome cousins who kept close track of how much time each one got with her.
The pic is cute, but the video I took of these two hiking together is awesome. She was giggling really hard as Thomas would trot down the trail.
Thomas and his brother trying to be whales in the Firehole River :)
Ember discovered that she is a huge fan of licorice and was dyed red for a long time afterwards.
Taking a swim in the river with dad. She actually liked it for a while even though the water isn't that warm.
Warming up on the riverbank with grandma :)
Sorry if they are hard to see, but Thomas's phone can take panoramic pics and I really liked how they turned out.
We decided to drive to Beartooth Pass (I think that is what it is called) which is absolutely breathtaking! These pics are awesome but don't even come close to doing justice at how magnificent the scenery is.
She learned how to fake cry :)
She also developed some weird sleeping positions if she woke up in the middle of the night and put herself back to sleep. We would try and change her position if she was deep enough but couldn't figure out how to prevent her from sleeping like this for about 2 months.
Happy girl :)
Makes me bust up laughing every time I see it, ha ha ha
One week after we got home from Yellowstone, she started to figure out how to crawl. She loves being mobile!
Think she likes chocolate cherry cake?
Another highlight of August was that I attended my 10 year high school reunion (Thomas was on a scout camp so I had to brave it alone!), but it was really fun to see people again. A friend and I actually won some bowling tickets so a week later we got to go bowling with them.
And to bring the month to a close we announced to our parents that we were expecting baby #2! Thankfully I was only sick for a couple of weeks after Yellowstone and have felt pretty good since. I am due around the 20th of March, which means they will be about 16 months apart........ bring it on baby :)

No comments:
Post a Comment