Saturday, November 13, 2010

Cruise Day 6 and 7 (The end)

The last 2.5 days were spent at sea. Up to this point, I wasn't quite sure why they had so many activities aboard the ship, it seemed like no one was ever around to participate in them.........until those last 2.5 days. The weather outside was extremely windy and cold, so the rock climbing wall, ice skating rink, and game rooms were always packed instead of the pool areas (which were always being pounded with the wind). Lucky for us, we seemed to time things prett well and got to do all the activities we wanted.
He thought he was funny when he scooped up the ice shavings and threw them at me :)
I was being cheesy and blew a kiss at him.
My first time ever climbing a rock wall. I was kind of nervous but it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. They gave us shoes to wear which was a good thing for me, because my tennis shoes had gotten soaked on our zip line adventure the day before and I didn't have any others left!
I made it!
Thomas and Curtis had a race up the wall, but Thomas didn't know they were racing.... so he lost lol.
He made it too! ha ha ha ha
They boys entered a dodge ball contest and their team won over and over again, but they never gave any prizes to the winning team...... how rude! j/k
An action shot, he has just released the ball and while it looks like it is coming sideways, it actually went forward and got someone out! woot woot! (LOL such a seriuos face!)
One of the little fun things of the trip was that every day you had them make up your room, they would make an animal out of the towels and your sunglasses!
I would call this a bull dog......
Monkey!
Um...... poodle or lamb or.........????
I hope the video works, even though it isn't good quality. One day we wandered down onto a lower deck and watched the water as the boat cruised along. All of a sudden I looked down and saw a little plane disappear into the water! My first thought was "oh a little boy must be down below us throwing planes off the ship". And then I realized that it wasn't a little paper airplane and that there weren't any decks lower than us. So I told Thomas what I had seen and he just looked at me like I was crazy. I told him to watch the water and low and behold another one! But this time we saw it jump out of the water, cruise along the top of the water and then dive back in! We both just stared at each other for a second and then got really excited! Flying Fish!!!!! We only had our picture camera so I got the best video I could with it, but it isn't very good. This was the best clip and I still had to watch it 3 times before I could see the flying fish.

Well that sums up our cruise! It was very fun and I am glad for the experience, but I will never go during the school year again! I paid a heavy price for missing that much time which is evident in that it took me a month to get this posted. But I wouldn't trade it for anything! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment