Wow, i can't believe it is almost the end of July, and my wonderful summer :( However, this last month has been an awesome one. For the 4th of July, I was able to attend Stadium of Fire with one of my best college girl-friends, Angela and her family. She lives in Iowa now, so I don't get very many opportunities to spend with her. The show was awesome and we even got to go to an after party for all the "helpers and contributers" of the show. I left my camera in the car, so I don't have any pictures yet, but as soon as I do, I will post them, along with more of the story. :) Later that same weekend, we went to Park City with our good friends, Curtis and Krystal. The highlight of the trip was when we went to dinner, we told them it was Thomas's b-day (he didn't know he he he). They made him wear this huge sombraro and sang to him, it was hilarious and he was a good sport and went along with it. Again, I left my camera in the car, so as soon as i get a copy of it, i will post it.
The next weekend, we went camping with those same friends up American Fork Canyon. Beautiful place and we had a blast. Of course it rained on us that night, but the next day was gorgeous.
This was part of our view once we were at the lake. The rock is mostly granite and looked even better in person.

This is us at the lake as well. Their dog's name is Koda and she loved to fetch sticks out of the water. The only problem was, that every time she got out of the water, she would find me and shake! No one else, just me...........It was actually pretty funny :)

The next weekend, we went tubing down the Provo River. Curtis and Krystal had the heavy duty tubes that you use at water parks and we had a blast! Although somehow I managed to flip myself twice. That wouldn't have been so bad, but the water was FRIGID and the second you touched it, you ached. LOL in fact, there were other people tubing, but they had the black tire tubes that don't inflate evenly. Well because of that, this guy's lower body was constantly submerged in the water and he was convulsing he was so cold. I felt so bad but there wasn't anything I could do. So if you ever tube the river, make sure you have a tube that allows you to be out of the water most of the time. I couldn't get pictures cause that would have meant our camera on the river, and since I would have been the one carrying it and I was the only one who ended up totally submerged in the water (twice) our camera wouldn't have survived.
And last but not least, earlier this week it was my niece's first b-day. She is an absolute doll and it was fun seeing all the cousins together. There are 7 girls and 1 boy, poor guy :) I didn't get pictures of all of them, but these next few are pretty cute, I just had to post them.
This is Kennedi, the birthday girl. It isn't her fullest smile, but cute nonetheless.
We couldn't get the cake to her soon enough, so we gave her an ice cream cone to tie her over. Ha, she tried to get as much of it as quickly as possible. Somehow she ended up with the ice cream all over her body, even in her diaper! ha ha ha

Now this picture has a story behind it. See the girl to the left in the pink dress? Well she (Shyanne) had initially been holding Kennedi (the little girl in the center of the picture) off the ground, lifting her to get a better view of an animal or something. Well Kennedi decided to grab onto the fence and hold herself up, so Shyanne let go thinking "oh, i guess you don't need help :) " So this little 1 year old is clinging to the fence with no one helping her! ah ha ha ha. I was in the process of taking the picture when this all happened and as soon as I realized it, I was like "oh my gosh!" which got everyone else's attention and we pulled her off to safety. I guess she is a little climbing monkey anyway, so she didn't think it was a big deal either. She is at least a foot off the ground. You can't see it because I didn't pay attention to what I was getting a picture of. :)

Now this picture has a story behind it. See the girl to the left in the pink dress? Well she (Shyanne) had initially been holding Kennedi (the little girl in the center of the picture) off the ground, lifting her to get a better view of an animal or something. Well Kennedi decided to grab onto the fence and hold herself up, so Shyanne let go thinking "oh, i guess you don't need help :) " So this little 1 year old is clinging to the fence with no one helping her! ah ha ha ha. I was in the process of taking the picture when this all happened and as soon as I realized it, I was like "oh my gosh!" which got everyone else's attention and we pulled her off to safety. I guess she is a little climbing monkey anyway, so she didn't think it was a big deal either. She is at least a foot off the ground. You can't see it because I didn't pay attention to what I was getting a picture of. :)
July has been and awesome month and it is only going to get better. The next few weeks are going to be filled with vacations and my brother coming home from his mission, and I can't wait!





Yay summer! It definitely went by too fast. Where is time going?!
ReplyDelete