Monday, June 17, 2013

May (6 months old!!!)

This little girl turned 6 months old this month! 

We took her on her first hike and she did awesome!


 
She even got to ride on a swing!  With daddy's help of course.

We finally had our Easter celebration (combined with Mother's day and his dad's birthday) with Thomas's side of the family and these are all of her cousins!  She was super tired and therefore not very happy for the picture :)
 

I laugh every time I see this picture because of the scowl she is giving Thomas. In her defense she had just woken up from a nap and wasn't quite awake yet
  
 
 Ember kept trying to eat her cousin's shoulder, he he he

They both got balls and giraffes in their easter baskets and both loved them!
 
 Happy girl:)
 
While she loved her gifts, her favorite now is the bucket..... or I should say pulling everything out of the bucket.
 
This was my Mother's day breakfast and it was YUMMY!  I also got a hanging flower pot (that I have almost killed several times) but I don't have a pic.  It was an awesome day.

A few days later I could have gotten the "fail" mommy moment of the year.  I set Ember on our huge love sack, in the center, while I hung some laundry to dry on a rack.  I turned my back for a second and she somehow leaned forward and rolled off (it was about a foot drop) and scuffed her head on the floor :(  She didn't cry for too long but she had a burn on her head for a few days. 

She loves bathtime!

However, she does not like it when I do her hair afterwards, ha ha ha

This is her Aunt Sarah who is working in Alaska this summer and this was taken the day she left

So, even though she has lost almost all of her hair, she still some on the top of her head so I decided to try pigtails and this is how it turned out, bahahahahaha.  It was the first and last time.
 
 
 She has started rolling her ankles and posing her toes like this.  I love it!

Chillin with her grandpa

 We had a Hunt family campout up at their property and she did so well!  She had a blast with all of her cousins and LOVED pulling anything out of the ground she could wrap her fingers around.  Then she would proceed to shred it as much as possible.  Her favorite were the dead leaves that crunched.

Just hikin with dad :)

Look mom!  Daddy is letting me drive!

This is a new toy for her and whenever she wanted to see my face, she would lean in as close as possible until she found my reflection instead of just turning around and looking at me.  It was pretty funny :)
 
May ended up being a busy month, to the point that both Thomas and I forgot about our anniversary until the morning of, yet not as hectic as years previous and I have since found out why:  because June took most of it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment