Friday, March 22, 2013

February

 
Ember turned 3 months old in February and had some big accomplishments.  She perfected her shriek/scream and frequently "talked" at me all day long, there are some videos of it at the bottom of the post.  She started her exercise routine of situps and still does them to this day, ha ha.  She started grabbing at things and if she could get her thumb out of the way, could hold on to them for long periods of time.  By the end of the month she had found her hands and loved clasping and unclasping them together.  She loves to be upright so we started putting her in a walker and she loved it!  Also by the end of the month, she stopped needing her swing to take naps and sleep at night.  We transitioned by rocking her in a glider until she was drowsy and then laid her in her cradle.  For the first week she would wake up after about 30 mins and I would have to go in and rock the cradle but then she would go back to sleep for an hour or two.  However, she soon decided that she didn't want to be rocked to sleep and just wanted to be laid down wrapped up, with her bink, and a little blanket that she could cover her face with (don't worry, after she fell asleep I would go in and move the blanket off her face). I never thought that day would come, or that she would sleep-train us!
 
These are a few pictures that highlight the month.  
She only wore this outfit for a few hours before she pooped up her back :) 

This is her grabbing some rings for one of the firsy times and then trying to get them into her mouth. Unable to, she finally resorted to just sticking her tongue out to taste it, ha ha.

Smiley, happy girl on Valentines Day. 

 This was a treasure hunt Thomas made for me, all the candy was hidden throughout the house and I had to solve little riddles to find them.  Then I had to put them in the right place on this poster board. He was so clever!

This is one of Ember's cute outfits that she got.  I think my favorite part is the hat because it is too small and makes it look like she is bald, he he.  What I can't figure out is, her head is actually on the small side and the hat barely fit her.  Most babies are bigger than her, so who is coming up with the sizing for hats?

 Ha ha ha ha ha, for Valentines day, my mom bought her this little headband that looked darling!  So I put it on her and this was the result.  I laughed for about 5 minutes straight, maybe one day we can use it as a ponytail holder or for dollies...... It was also a little too tight or i totallywould have put it on her more often :)

This is her first experience in a walker, you can tell she is very concerned (ha ha!) but she quickly changed her mind and has loved it ever since.

 
Ember's jabber
 
Her situps :)
 
Some more jabber

Feb. went by so quickly but it was a really fun month watching her change and develop (Not to mention she started only waking up once during the night to eat, so more sleep for me, yea!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment