Hmmmmm, guess grandma and grandpa like Cody after all! ha ha ha, j/k
the formal family pic before we drove to the MTC.
We are at the fields by the MTC having a little fun. While we were there, groups of missionaries would walk by and I swear Cody new at least 2 people in every group! I think that might have calmed his nerves a little bit. :)
I'll let you fill in the caption for this pic :)
The next day, all of Thomas's nieces were going to a princess festival and I decided I wanted to tag along. The night before, we all got together and had a little princess party. Now, there is only one nephew prince and since he wasn't going to be able to go, we had a waterslide activity. This is him showin off his cool moves!
The next day, all the girls dressed up in their princess costumes. It was fun watching them all get ready he he he.
We made them all turn around and look over their shoulders (a classic princess pose).
There was one princess who couldn't stand, can you tell which one she is? lol
This was a carriage out front of the event and I think this was one of the coolest parts.
So on a final note about the festival........it cost 30 bucks a child (ridiculous, i know) and it wasn't worth it. Apparently they used to hold it at a guy's house in Lindon, but it got too big, so they moved it to Thanksgiving point. It was a maze of events, and they hardly had any actual princesses there,mostly just lots of fairies and other weird characters i have never heard of. The worst part was that our session was from 12-2. We got there right at 12 and all the princesses went to lunch! The phrase "all dressed up and no where to go" rung very true. The funnest part of the day for the little girls was playing in the fountain where Ariel was sitting. The festival had a lot of potential, but didn't live up to it and definitely wasn't worth the $30 per child. However, I enjoyed the company and had a lot of fun watching them run around all dressed up. :)Two days later, my Aunt Patty went through the temple for the first time. It was a really neat experience for my mom and cousins. I'll tell ya what though, if you want an interesting experience, try taking someone in a wheel chair through a live endowment at the Salt Lake Temple! I was in charge of my Grandma Dee because my mom was Patty's escort. Lessons I learned: 1) don't try going up a ramp forwards 2) lock the wheels before trying to get out of the wheelchair 3) when backing up a ramp, make sure you are aware of where the door is so that you don't ram your elbow into it (yeah, ouch) 4) if you don't like being the center of attention, don't take a wheelchair thru the temple. However, the most entertaining part was when a temple worker tried to push her up a ramp (he wouldn't let me do this one) and didn't take my and the other temple workers advice about turning her around first. He just rammed her into the ramp and kept doing it until somehow he got her up it and the next one. It took all I had not to bust up laughing because everyone was watching. Poor guy, guess he learned lesson #1 the hard way too.
Anyway, we made it thru and here we all are outside.
My cousin, Matt, has two little girls and the oldest, Evelyn, is one of the cutest things ever! We had all set our temple bags down on the ground and she wanted to know whose they were. She would point to each one and say "a dis?" meaning "whose is this?" I would tell her whose it was and she would move onto the next one. It was so funny!
The following week Thomas, Devin and I took a little job cutting down some trees for someone on the hill. 8 hours later, all cut up and sore, we were finished! Ok, so I was the only one who got cut up because I was a genius and wore shorts. :)Here is Devin using a chain saw! Although I feel that I should let you know that we had safety glasses and wore them the whole time except for when I took this pic i guess :)
We took 2 truck loads (stacked about twice as high than you see in this picture) to the dump and.....
two truck loads of firewood. It was a lot of wood!
Two days later we went up to Thomas's family property to dig out Musk Thistle? I think is what it's called. The most exciting event was the log in this picture, Thomas stood on it to get a better angle at a thistle. I looked down and noticed that it was a huge red ant bed and they were crawling everywhere and up his leg so I screamed at him to move and he did quite the jig trying to get all the ants off. He only got bit once, which is unbelievable considering how many were on the log.
This pic is my comic relief. I was laying on my stomach on the bed when i heard my phone ringing downstairs. So i pushed myself backward off the bed and suddenly found myself in our laundry basket. Thomas came in to bring my phone, found me like this, laughed his head off and ran to get the camera. This was a first for me ha ha ha ha.
The last, exciting event of the month was the birth of our nephew, Sawyer. He is the sweetest thing and I can't wait to get to know him better!

No comments:
Post a Comment