Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Rainy Cottonwood Campout

So last weekend, we took our friends camping up at Thomas's family property. Little did we know that the weather was NOT going to cooperate with us at all! Usually when it rains in June, it doesn't last for more than a day and it is still fairly warm. Ha ha, not so with this storm system. It rained for 3 days straight and it was COLD too! We made the most of it though and enjoyed ourselves as much as possible :)

This picture sums up the trip and it had actually stopped raining for a bit. Normally by this time of the year, this entire field is pure yellow wild flowers and is breathtaking.


Do I look cold? Cause I am! ha ha.

These are our friends, Curtis and Krystal, they were smart and brought rain ponchos so they stayed mostly dry and un-muddy.
The fourwheelers were COVERED in mud so Thomas and Curtis decided to give them a bath :) The picture above is what you look like when you go through the creek at a slow speed, the ones that follow are what happens when you race through it! he he he, their pants got soaked!

1 comment:

  1. It looks like you guys had a great time! Also, I can't wait to see you in a few weeks!! YEAH! I'll call you to fill you in on details.

    ReplyDelete