On Monday the school I teach at decided to hold a basketball game that was students vs. faculty. I initially wasn't going to participate because it has been years since I have played in an actual game, let alone picked up a basketball. I guess that is how a lot of the faculty felt because the student body memebers (who were in charge of heading it up) came and begged me to play cause no one was signing up. (I found out later a co-worked had told them to ask me because I can't say no to anything... which isn't always true.... well mostly) Anyway, game day came and I did my best to at least be a good defender and give the students a run for their money. (Oh, I should mention that it was women's faculty vs girls b-ball team and mens faculty vs boys b-ball team) However at the end of our 8 minute quarter (and yes we were all dying after only 8 minutes) the score was 2-14 for the girls b-ball team.........................and it didn't get any better as the game went on. We didn't give up though, and played our hardest until the end. I was feeling pretty good about myself for even trying to help them out until I woke up this morning and could barely walk. I can't lift my legs more than 8 inches off the ground without major pain! I think the muscles I injured are called hip flexers? It isn't my groin or my quads, they are fine. Anyway, lesson learned: I need to be more physically active so that little games like that don't take me out for days after!
Haha oh man that's rough! Hip flexers are on the sides. Great job forbbeing a good sport!
ReplyDeleteHahaha!! That's funny that a fellow teacher told the students to ask you because you can't say no to anything! I wish I could have watched this game!
ReplyDeleteso fun, now all your students are going to think you are so awesome! yeah for fun moments, I hope your sore muscles are worth it!!
ReplyDelete