Monday, April 12, 2010

Gilmore Girls moment

I don't know if anyone else is a Gilmore Girl's fan, but I have seen at least every episode at least 3 times. Well today, I had an experience off of one of those episodes. There is one where Rory is driving on a dirt road to school and she is running very late. She pulls up to a stop sign and a deer runs head first into the side of her car. She is on the phone at the time and exclaims "Holy cow I just got hit by a deer!" The person on the other line asks "You hit a deer?" and Rory says "No, I GOT hit by a deer!" and they continue to talk about it and stuff.
Well today, I was running late to work and was approaching a stop sign when all of a sudden i hear sqawking and a ball of feathers headed straight for my passenger side window and then "thud!" I looked over just in time to see two birds (who i think were already fighting with each other) slam into the side of my truck. I stopped as fast as I could, but i don't think that helped. In my rearview mirror i could see on bird lying still in the middle of the road and the other flapping around cause it couldn't fly anymore. I didn't know what to do cause the living bird would panic if i got too close and probably hurt itself more, and the other one looked dead, so I wouldn't be able to help it either......... and I was really late, so i just kept driving. I felt so bad that I called Thomas (my hubby) and this is the conversation that ensued- me: "So, I just got hit by a bird." Thomas: "You hit a bird?" Me: "No, I GOT hit by a bird, maybe two!" Thomas: "ha ha ha ha ha h aha ha ha ha!"
And that was my girlmore girls moment. I guess a few minutes later Thomas drove down the same road and didn't see any birds there anymore, so my prayer is that I only stunned both birds and they are ok......what a great start to my day.

3 comments:

  1. Hahahaha!! Oh man, that is so funny! Those poor birds...I'm glad it was just birds, though, and not a deer!

    ReplyDelete