Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The truck

This is the car we sold. :(

So a couple of months ago, we sold one of our cars and bought a truck. I was not happy about the exchange for a couple of reasons. 1. We sold my favorite car. It was a stick, i liked how it drove, the color, and basically i was just partial to it (dumb i know) 2. A truck doesn't get as good gas mileage nor is it easy to manuever. 3. I would be the one driving it because Thomas commutes every day and I drive 15 minutes to and from work, total. Needless to say it has taken me a while to warm up to it. So i figured i needed to document this "big change" in our lives. :) My favorite event with the truck happened about a month ago. The latch that kept the drivers seat locked in place had broken over the weekend and we hadn't had time to get it fixed. So Monday comes around and I have to drive it to work. Here is what happened:


I put it in drive and pushed the gas (gently cause i knew the seat wasn't stable) and the force of it sent the seat flying all the way back, as far as you can get from the gas pedals. That movement took my foot off the gas, which caused the truck to slow down, which in turn sent the seat all the way forward, as close to the gas pedal as possible. This caught me unawares and so my foot hit the gas pedal again, not intentionally, and of course that sent the truck forward as I, yet again, flew back in the seat only to rip my foot off the gas pedal, cause a slowdown and send me right back forward again. This happened at least 3 times in a row before i could stop my foot from hitting the gas. I finally came to a stop (in the middle of the road) and decided to try the gas even more gently, however, the same scenario ensued. Luckily there weren't many cars on the road so I didn't cause any immediate traffic hazard. After that, I grabbed the steering wheel, locked my arms so the seat would stay all the way back, and pointed my toe to try and reach the gas. This worked and I made it to work safe and sound. At first i was furious, and then i couldn't stop laughing at how ridiculous the situation was. This, ladies and gentlemen, is our truck! :)
P.S. Thomas fixed the seat and it works just fine now!

3 comments:

  1. HAHAHA!!! Thats hilarious!! I can't wait to see you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PAHAHA!!! I was busting up when I read this story!! You are so funny, I can TOTALLY picture what happened in my mind. I miss you tons girl! Say hi to everyone for me--love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I hope you don't mind, but I was looking at Sarah's blog and saw that you have one too and decided to blog-stalk :). Anyways, your story gave me a great laugh! Whatever happened to your old umm...turqouise(?) truck? I really liked it, it's kinda weird to picture you without it.

    ReplyDelete