Wednesday, December 12, 2012

May-June

May was probably the craziest month of the year.  6 of our immediate family members have birthdays in the month, our anniversary happens, school ended (for both of us), and this year we decided to add moving onto our list. 
Not only did school end, Thomas graduated!!!!!
 
The next day, I participated in a 5k with my in-laws.  It was cloudy and windy and cold but we had fun! Here is everyone getting ready.  I got a really good taste of how out of shape I am.  Sure, i could blame the fact that I was the slowest one out there on being 4 months pregnant, but in reality, i would have been the slowest regardless.

Me with my in-laws (except Mary cuz we forgot to take a pic at the race).

For Torie and Devin's b-day we went horseback riding up in Heber and it was pretty cool!

 
 
You can't really tell by this pic, but Thomas's legs are too long for the horse he was riding so his knees got really sore from the ride.  He made one good lookin cowboy tho!

I know the pic is far away, but it makes me laugh every time because it sums up Devin's experience.  His horse WOULD NOT stay on the trail and kept going off to the side to eat the grass.  Every time I turned around he was battling with the horse to keep going, it was hilarious.

 
 
So, 5 days after graduating,Thomas started his new job at an engineering company in South
Ogden.  We still lived in American Fork and couldn't leave because I was still teaching.  So he moved up to West Bountiful to live with his parents during the week (cutting down his commute time), coming down to A.F. with me on the weekends.  I am glad he got the job but that left me, 4 months prego with no energy at the end of a full day of teaching, to start packing up our house. The tricky part was that 90% of our stuff was going into a storage unit until we found a house to buy, so i had to really think about how to pack things (which isn't easy when your brain is foggy from being prego).  On top of all of that, I also had to start cleaning out my classroom before the last day of school.  Life was just a little hectic.
This is us after a full day of moving and cleaning.

It was very bittersweet to leave Mountain Ridge.  On the one hand, it took a lot of stress off my shoulders to know I woulnd't have to go back to work the following school year with baby on the way and a new state core to try and teach.  But on the other hand, I LOVED teaching and interacting with my coworkers every day.  The faculty there is the best and I miss them every day!

This is my next-door teacher. :) She and I started at the same time and taught next door to each other the whole time we were there.  I owe much of my success to her (and to my mentor whom I don't have a picture of), I wouldn't have made it past the first year if she hadn't been there. 

A student made this for us and we loved it so much we hung it in my co-worker's classroom.  See, our classrooms were right where two hallways met, which meant twice the noise, so we would stand outside our doors and strongly urge kids to get to class.  :)  Good times.

All in all, May was a good month but we were very sad to leave our neighbors and ward and friends.  I will always treasure the friendships I made while living there and recommend the area to everyone.

June:
I don't remember much about what happened in June, but it was definitely less busy.

One of the highlights was that we found out we were having a girl!  I know Thomas had said he wanted a boy, but he never once looked disappointed when he knew it was a girl.  In fact, he was so excited that the next day he stopped at the store and bought a little onesie for her :) 

I also felt her move for the first time on Father's day.  She must love her dad a lot because I hadn't felt a thing until she kicked that day. 

We ended the month on a fun note, Thomas's family got together up Cottonwood (the family property) and we spent the day playing in the river, moving rocks around to make a little swimming hole. 
Ok, really it was him, his brothers and Sarah that moved the rocks around while the rest of us watched the kids :)
 
All in all it was a good couple of months!  

No comments:

Post a Comment