Sunday, August 29, 2010

Devin's Home!

So on August 6th, my brother Devin returned home from the Birmingham Alabama Mission. He was all smiles when he walked toward us in the airport, but you could tell it was all still superficial to him. Reality hadn't kicked in for any of us to be honest :) In the days previous, I had thought about what it would be like to see him. It is amazing how time really does dull memories. It was like trying to imagine someone who has been dead for 2 years coming back..........not that i didn't have contact with him in that time........it just felt that way. I had learned to ignore the void that he had left. However, now that he has been home for a few weeks and I have gotten reaquainted with him, it is as if he never left and I suddenly realized that the void is gone. I don't know if any of this makes sense to anyone, but that is the best way I can describe it.

Anyway, this is him in the airport. The funniest thing about his homecoming was the crowd. When we got there, there was this huge crowd gathered and we just figured there were a lot of missionaries coming home that day. We cheered when we saw devin, but there weren't many of us so it wasn't very loud. About 10 minutes later the crowd just erupts and starts cheering for people coming off the plane, not missionaries mind you, little 14 year old scouts who had been at Jamboree or something for only (compared to 2 years) 3 weeks. The welcome sign in the background was for the scouts :)

This is my family with Devin at the airport.
This is the sign my family made him.
Anyway, welcome home bud!

No comments:

Post a Comment